Building Energy Modeling (TRACE 700 or eQUEST)
Greenwise Strategies uses a computer generated model to analyze a building’s energy-related features and determine the potential energy savings from ECMs such as insulation, lighting, window film/shades, HVAC upgrades, and windows, etc. The model incorporates parameters such as weather, occupancy schedule, building envelop characteristics, and energy consuming systems.
To maximize energy, cost, and emissions reductions, Greenwise Strategies reviews and analyzes building systems to verify proper operation for existing conditions and uses. This typically results in a 5-20 percent savings.
Once the proper energy audits and evaluations have been performed, Greenwise Strategies can assist in implementing the energy saving strategies and programs. We offer two levels of service:
Option 1: Greenwise Strategies can provide comprehensive project management of your entire energy evaluation program, from analysis through installation and rebate processing. Possible improvements include:
- Lighting retrofits, occupancy sensors, and daylight strategies
- HVAC upgrades
- Duct leakage repairs
- Building envelope improvements: insulation, windows, roofing, and foundation
- Motor and pump upgrades
- New construction & remodels for a variety of building types
Option 2: Our clients can choose from a variety of independent services depending upon the level of responsibility you wish Greenwise Strategies to assume. These include:
- Providing owner’s representation for project management
- Oversee the application process for utility company rebates
- Outlining tax savings opportunities
- Managing Request for Proposal processes
- Verifying proper implementation of ECMs
Carbon Footprint Analysis
As a result of the energy audits described above, Greenwise Strategies can determine your building’s greenhouse gas emissions. Once the carbon footprint is known, we can help implement strategies to reduce it.