Power Segregation &
Energy Usage Studies
Our experience include: commercial, retail, industrial/manufacturing, residential, master planned communities and recreation facilities
Data Center Power Study and Energy Usage Assessment
Greenwise’s Power Study and Energy Usage Assessment service provides facility operators with critical insight on the power utilization of their operations and should be one of the first steps used to determine whether energy efficiency improvements are achievable. The assessment is also useful for benchmarking current operations and M&V of energy efficiency improvements.
Data Center Example: The study will provide a spot measurement and calculation of the site’s power usage effectiveness (PUE) ratio, which is the ratio of total facility power supporting data center operations to the actual power used by the IT infrastructure.
Typical Steps Include:
- stablish a detailed scope of work to meet clients goals
- Review as-built drawings of mechanical and electrical systems
- Review one to two years of facility utility data
- Identify total facility power supporting data center operations as well as the actual power used by the IT infrastructure by collecting data from strategically deployed data loggers and inspecting equipment meters.
- Review cooling system: critical room airflow, chillers, CRACs, heat rejection equipment, pumps, cooling towers
- Provide a report detailing findings and recommendations
- Optional: provide recommendations in an RFP format